Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Stir Fry

So, Erika is very close. It's eggplant stir fry. From an experiment I did last year, I discovered that I like the light purple eggplant stirfried. All that eggplant...I used it all in this stir fry. Didn't measure anything but just did everything by eye. Eggplant is a good source of fiber and the green peppers and onions are great for ARF's. This is my entry for Sweetnick's ARF Tuesday. Cate, I hope you got moved easily and that everything is getting set up! Check by her site for more great recipes. Eggplant Stir Fry
3 small eggplant
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, sliced
garlic powder
corn starch
soy sauce
chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
olive oil
In a hot skillet, pour some olive oil, add onions, peppers, and eggplant. Cook until tender. In a small bowl place some corn starch and soy sauce, stir. Pour into hot skillet with veggies. Add chicken stock as needed to dilute and thin sauce. Serve with brown rice. Add chicken if you want some meat. In the back is some cantelope and those lovely blackberries!

7 comments:

Erika W. said...

Okay, I'll bite. :-) Next time I see eggplant at the market I will put stir fry on the menu. I don't think I ever would have thought of stir-frying it!

Janet said...

That looks lovely and healthy. What a neat idea to serve with fruit on the side!

The Cookbook Junkie said...

I haven't seen any good eggplants here yet. I can't wait.

Annie said...

Looks great. I'll have to try this one- I love eggplant!

Peabody said...

I fonly my hubby would eat veggies...sigh.

Unknown said...

Ok-I planted eggplant in the garden this year not knowing what to do with it.The only way I have ever eaten it is eggplant parmesan.But I wanted to experiment.Being from an old southern family,my nanny never cooked with them,so I was never introduced to them until I was in college.I am trying to step out of my comfort zone and cook with fruits and vegetables that I am intimidated by-fennel,avocado,artichokes and eggplant.Wish me luck! And I have saved this recipe to try.My eggplant should be ready in a few weeks.

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at here. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of financial piramyde, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For several years , I earn money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and I started with funny 500 bucks.
Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Turn to my blog to get additional info.

http://theblogmoney.com