Friday, April 11, 2014

16 weeks

So, I've kind of hit some awkwardness this week.  My pants are starting to get tight but I don't look pregnant and so maternity clothes feel weird and don't look right. 
I tried some stuff on yesterday and a few things will work well.  One pair of pants fits like the size smaller - maybe that's why the tag was still on them when I got them at the consignment sale!  Oh well!  Guess I'll just grin and bear it or wear dresses.  I think David and I are going shopping tonight, and mama is coming next weekend, so maybe we can shop.  I have my next doctor's appointment Tuesday.  Can't wait to hear that little heartbeat again!  I've done better this week drinking water but still need to be more consistent.


Due Date: September 25, 2014
How Far Along: 16 weeks (and 1 day)
Fruit/Veggie: Orange/Avacado/pickle, about 4 inches long, 2.5 ounces
Gender: we don't know yet, should be about 2.5 weeks.  I have had lots of people tell me they think boy. Exercise: I did a few modifications this week due to some round ligament type stuff but otherwise pretty much normal routines.  Couldn't finish the burpees yesterday...definitely had to modify those! 
Sleep: sleeping well, wake up 1-2 times to use the restroom (usually) though I have a rare night where I sleep all night; still wish I could get more sleep.  The night of the national championship basketball game I put the game on with David and the quickly fell asleep...at 9pm!  Woke up to brush teeth and do our devotion, then I was out again.  It was nice!

Aversions: salad, coffee
Cravings: sausage biscuits, cheez-itz, apples

What I love: Sharing excitement with others, David!

What I miss: sleeping on my stomach, enjoying coffee, feeling comfortable exercising flat on my back, having clothes that fit
What I'm looking forward to: Finding out the gender, house shopping, having some comfortable clothes - my pants are getting tight but maternity pants feel weird

What I'm thankful for: generous friends offering to share maternity clothes, my sweet husband who got a sausage biscuit for me last Sunday.  YUM!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Congratulations on the new little one! K is going to be an amazing big sister!

The thing I missed most when I was pregnant was sleeping on my stomach. In the early months, sleeping with a body pillow helped with that, but the larger I got, not so much. I highly recommend finding a pool for the last 3-4 months to hang out a lot in. The relief on the back when you are in the water is amazing. And, as an added bonus, if you get yourself an inflatable raft, you can blow it up with some give to it, and then lay belly-down on the raft and float in the water. Oh. My. Gosh. That was the single best thing I did during my pregnancies.