Friday, February 10, 2012

Sock-It-To-Me

Go ahead!  Sock-it-to-me!  Yes, I turned 29 on Tuesday.  Yes, I only have one more year in this decade.  Oh well...so it goes.  Time keeps moving, and we get older.  I'm so thankful for the ways God continues to show His goodness and grace to me.  It is so exciting to see how He works daily and to learn more about His character.  How else can you sock-it-to-me?  Make a cake! 

When D picked me up on Sunday to go to church, he walked in with a cake wondering if he should still take it to Sunday school because one area had a little too much flour on it.  YES!  Of course, you should.  It looks and smells great!  When we were walking in, he said that he made it to celebrate my birthday.  SO sweet!  Made me feel so special.

And to top it all off...it was REALLY good!!  So moist and yummy spices.  Oddly enough, my favorite part of cakes like this is the bottom part that sticks to the plate when you take pieces off. You know, the ooey gooey part?  YES!  A perfect cake to start off a fun birthday celebration!  Thank you, D!

Sock-It-To-Me Cake from Southern Hospitality Cookbook
1 box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 cup sour cream
 3/4 cup (12 tablespoons) butter

1 cup pecans, chopped
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 325. Grease and flour (or use Pam with flour) a tube or bundt pan. Mix cake mix, sugar, eggs, sour cream, butter, pecans, and vanilla.  Pour half of this batter into the prepared pan.  Mix together brown sugar and cinnamon.  Pour on top of batter in the pan.  Top this with the remaining batter.  Bake for 55 minutes in preheated oven.  Remove when cake tester comes out clean.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday! At least you can still say you're in your 20's :) The cake looks delicious!

Erica said...

awwww!! SO sweet! Happy happy birthday! Josh turns 30 tomorrow! I'm still 29...so I think that means I can make fun of him (but I won't ;))

B Nettles said...

I thought that your favorite part of the cake was the crust on top. That's what you always pinch off with your fingers leaving a "mouse nibble hole." 'Oh, look, Claire's been here.' :)