Thursday, August 12, 2010

Quick and Easy Side

First of all, PLEASE forgive me for the lack of photography skill lately.  I've gotten a bit lazy recently but will improve soon...I promise! 

As summer comes to an end, you've gotta take advantage of those yummy garden vegetables.  A really quick and easy was to do that is to saute.  One evening, I was looking for something easy to go along with my delicious salmon (which I baked with Cavender's seasoning...a new favorite!) and had 2-3 small squash and some spinach that was about to be bad.  Well, I've found that the best way to use almost bad spinach is to cook it.  Cooking it wilts the spinach, which is kind of how it gets on it's own when it's going bad...perfect!  So, I just cut the squash in half moons and sauteed them until they were soft.  Then I added the spinach along with a little chopped garlic and cooked until wilted.
Served alongside the salmon it was fantastic!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the greens look great!

The JR said...

Glad you got to use it and it turned out to be something you enjoyed.