Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Wednesday Night Snacks


When I was little I thought these were the BEST chocolate chip cookies I had ever had. Although these are still VERY good, I have a superior recipe that I will share later. These cookies were some that my Aunt Merle made and kept in a wonderful Friar cookie jar! In addition to being good, they are super simple. These are cake mix chocolate chip cookies.

Because I'm going to a baseball game tonight, I won't have time for "major" baking, so I made these easy cookies for my girls at church. No one will ever guess that these cookies are made from a cake mix. You'll impress all the way around!

Cake Mix Cookies
1 super moist of pudding cake mix (The kind depends on what flavor you want. I used yellow but think anut Merle used butter.)
1/2 cup oil
2 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
Handful of choclate chips (Admitedly, I didn't measure these but just eye-balled them).

Preheat oven to 350. Mix all ingredients together. Put on a baking stone or sheet in
tablespoon-fuls (I used my cookie scoop which I think is around 1 T). Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned. Let cool for 2 minutes on pan. Remove to cooling rack to cool.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I love cookies. This is a great idea for a quick recipe. I will try it some day since I do have quite a few cake mixes in my pantry.