Monday, July 22, 2013

Birthday Girl

This past week, Miss K turned 4! 
She's been so excited about it for a while.  We had pizza for supper at her request and I made peanut butter frozen yogurt (told her ice cream).  We decided to try out grilling pizza on our new grill pan.  I turned out REALLY good.
   The bottom of the crust was crispy but the rest was nice and soft.  SO good!  The yogurt was pretty good.  Definitely has a yogurt taste to it but K and I enjoyed it...not so sure about David! 
Then we gave a few presents.  David had suggested a while back that we give her a care bear.  I was so excited about this because my parents gave ME a care bear when I turned four.  Thankfully, I found some in Target the other week.  When I asked K which one she wanted she went back and forth between the purple one (share bear) and the pink one (cheer bear).  Once she realized I had cheer bear, she decided that she should "borrow mommy's cheerah bear until I get my own."  Ok...decision made!  What a fun day....only to be followed by the party two days later.

Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt from This Gal Cooks
  • 2 C Greek yogurt (I used Vanilla Chobani 0%)
  • 3/4 C creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 C milk(used almond)
  • 1/2 C granulated sugar
  • Chocolate chips for topping (or mixing in, if you prefer)
Instructions
  1. Mix together the yogurt, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and peanut butter until everything is combined well.(I did this in the morning....)
  2. Cover and refrigerate for about 1/2 hour (...and refrigerated until I got home from work)
  3. Pour the mixture into the bowl of your ice cream maker. Churn for about 20 minutes or until the mixture freezes well.
  4. Place the frozen yogurt into an air tight container and store in your freezer. This frozen yogurt is pretty firm so you will have to let it thaw a little before serving once you place it in the freezer.

No comments: