Saturday, December 08, 2012

Snack Time!

My family loves to snack, especially at family holiday get togethers!  An hour before lunch, you will find people standing around the counter eating cheese, hummus, dips, sausage, crackers...whatever we have.  I saw a snack mix on Recipe Girl one day and knew that I had to make it for Thanksgiving!  It has fritos and Chex...all loved by my fam.  It is covered in a sweet sugar mix to make it the perfect sweet and salty mix.  In fact, I just got an e-mail from my aunt asking for the recipe!  I'd say, it was a hit.  Try it out for yourself!


Frito Snack Mix from Recipe girl
10.5 ounce bag of Fritos
2 cups rice Chex cereal
2 cups pretzel twists
1 1/2 cups nuts
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup mini M&M's

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix together the Fritos, cereal, pretzels, and nuts in a bowl.  In a small pan, melt the sugar, butter, and corn syrup over medium heat.  Bring to a boil and then boil for 4 minutes.  Remove from heat and pour over the frito mix.  Stir to coat evenly.  Pour the mix onto a large roasting pan and place in the oven.  Bake for 8 minutes.  Stir and bake for 8 more minutes.  Transfer the mix to wax paper on the counter and allow to cool.  Break into large clumps and place in a storage container.  Pour M&Ms over the mix.  Enjoy!

No comments: