Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cookie Canes

I've been so busy this month that I haven't been able to make my usual on call treats. However, last week I finally made these candy cane blossom cookies I had been meaning to make. They turned out yummy! I love sugar cookies and these were basically that with the candy cake flavored kisses on top. Perfect for a Christmas dessert.
Cookie Canes
  • 48 HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Candy Cane Mint Candies
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons milk
  • Red or green sugar crystals, granulated sugar or powdered sugar

Instructions:

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Remove wrappers from candies.

2. Beat butter, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk to butter mixture, beating until well blended.

3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in red sugar, granulated sugar, powdered sugar or a combination of any of the sugars. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and cookie is set. Remove from oven; cool 2 to 3 minutes. Press a candy piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4 dozen cookies.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Claire, those cookies look amazing! Why do I keep missing your posts? Oh, that's right..RSS feeds stopped working on my crappy 'puter :( Oh well, I'll have to keep on top of my fav blogs, one of them yours :) In any event..I wish I had seen this prior to all of my baking, but now I have to focus on the damn DB gingerbread house *sigh*. Have a happy and healthy holiday!

The JR said...

I love them. So festive looking.

I'll have to look for those kisses at the store.

Merry Christmas!

Deborah said...

These are so cute! I wonder if I could still find the kisses... I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!