I'm so thankful for him and that God placed him (and K) in my life. God knew we would be marriage partners before we even knew each other and I am so thankful for His sovereign plan. David is my encouragement, my support, my biggest cheerleader but also voice of reality. He is a great Daddy to K (and hopefully more one day!). He is patient, giving, selfless, smart, kind, fun, humble, knows how to do little girl's hair, plays Princess and tea party with the best of them, and doesn't blink an eye when K calls him her prince. He is our leader, seeks God and wants to be a man after God's heart. I love him more and more!
He requested chocolate chip pancakes for his birthday dinner (since it fell on Sunday and we have breakfast for supper on Sunday). Don't worry...he had meatloaf the day before that! So, we used that as his "cake." However, I knew he wanted something to snack on so I made some new cookies. "Snicker"doodles!
Snicker-doodles from Picky Palate
- 1 stick/1/2 cup unsalted softened butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 full size Snickers Bars, cubed (I used about 8 fun size)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with a silpat liner or parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla beating until combined. Add dry ingredients along with the Snickers pieces beating on low until just combined. Scoop tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until baked through. Let cool for 10 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to cooling rack.